The Tasso Approach to Regression Therapy
- If you like to be rational, but you are open to intuition;
- If you don't want to solve people's problems, but want to help them to solve their own problems;
- If you like to work direct, focused, result-oriented;
- And if you are open to spirituality, but want to stay firm on your feet;
- Then Tasso may be the place for you.
We belong clearly to the cathartic school. And we don’t use hypnosis to induce a trance. We let the trance grow naturally from getting the clients absorbed in their symptoms by what are called ‘bridge’ techniques.
We try to work as direct, short and focused as possible. We do not avoid apparently weird experiences like past lives, discarnate experiences, attached spirits and prehuman experiences, but we remain grounded at all times. Clients may enter transpersonal experiences and spiritual states, but we start with common sense. And we end there as well.
The basis of our therapy is counseling: being able to effectively interview a client, to establish trust, to stimulate the client‘s self-confidence. On the basis of that we use three methodologies: regression, personification and energy work. Each session has elements of all three.
Regression is finding, exploring, reliving and clarifying past experiences. It is going back to the origin of problems and decisions. Personification is representing the causes and the solution of problems as persons, often subpersonalities, often other, even unknown people. Energy work is visualizing and feeling the problem or its solution in or around the body. Energy work resembles somewhat energy healing, the main difference being that the clients are doing their own healing and the therapist only facilitates...
Introductory relaxation, visualization or hypnosis are usually a waste of time. The only thing that counts, is to find the right “bridge”, the most natural entry. The simplest bridge that is sufficient as an induction is localizing an actual emotion in the body. But for many people, emotions are remote or their body is remote. As many traumas have postulates tied in, we can use those as entry points. Postulates are embodied in key sentences. Repetition of the key sentence often unlocks the underlying problem.
Through the emotional bridge, somatic bridge or postulate bridge we can uncover most problems. While dealing with them, where and they originated.
Let’s assume that the problem to be solved is claustrophobia. Starting in the regression mode, this will be something like: “Go back to the first time ever you felt claustrophobic.” Starting in the personification mode would be: “Now you see entering the main cause of your claustrophobia.” Staring with energy work, it would be: “You will now see and feel an energy, a substance or a thing on or inside your body that makes you feel claustrophobic. Where in your body are you now feeling and seeing something.” When the problem would have started at birth, the regression instruction brings the client in the panic just before coming out, when breathing is impossible, and she feels stuck and squeezed, panicking that she can’t get out. The personification could produce seeing a baby who is blue in the face, or a panicking or unconscious mother. The energetic instruction could produce the image and feeling of a slimy lump in the throat. Within a session, all the three methods can and will be used.
What further is typical for our approach?
• A problem is often a half-way solution. And it usually is the fastest way to the real solution. If we know how to work with it. And the more general and the older the problem, the easier usually the solution. A snake we grab behind the head. A problem we grab at the origin, when we can.
• Diagnosis is not the beginning, but the end of our therapy. Treatment plans are for the dumb and the scared. We use our wits and proceed step by step.
• Therapists who don’t succeed, often talk about the blocks of their clients. But what seem blocks is usually the multiplicity of the client or the recursivity. of the problem... We at Tasso can deal with that by switching between the three core methods.
• We do not seek help and support outside, either real or imagined. People have all the resources they need inside.
• Whatever is healed, we integrate in the body. We don’t send anything “to the Light.” The body is where the most active part of the soul is. And our soul is the Light.